Japanese supermarkets really make a show out of displaying their food. These are just some snaps of the colorful world we stumbled into along Kyoto Tower!
Utterly fascinating little octopi. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the balls to try them.
The highlight of the culinary wonderland was this pastry store featuring a purely strawberry-based selection.
The attention that the Japanese put into the finer details is really something I wish I could emulate.
I’d just like to insert a segment to thank some new friends and accept their award nominations! So, I’m not entirely sure how this blogger-award-nomination system works, but I’ll do my best to get it right.
First off, I’d like to thank confabler for nominating me for the VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD. The seven random facts about me are:
- I’m absolutely in love with all the different facets of Asian cultures yet I’m majoring in European studies. (Bit of an identity crisis if you ask me.)
- I only work out so I can eat some more.
- I’m a crazy cat-lady. (Their names are Casper, Nana, and Zorro.)
- Nintendo is superior to Sony in my heart.
- I used to take ballet before entering university.
- I operate strictly on a “jump-first, ask later” system.
- Confusingly, I’m also an established over-thinker.
(Make what you will of those last two statements. I don’t quite understand them myself.)
My nominees for this award will be Katie Kuo, and Love Travelling. Do check out these blogs. Katie’s musings are quite relatable, I think, and she presents her ideas very well. The latter blog is an interesting collection of travel anecdotes that really give you an idea of what to expect on your travels to certain places.
Next, I want to thank Hannah Garner for saying the sweetest things about my blog and nominating me for the ENTERTAINER BLOGGER AWARD. If my posts are able to inspire the lust for travel in even just one more person, I’d ask for nothing more. In the same vein, I invite you to check out Anisa Kazemi’s blog. She takes the most beautiful travel photos with a very personal touch (not the kind you’d normally come across in magazines). Finally, I’d also like to nominate Story Telling Cook for her entertaining style of narrating her experiences in cooking.
These are the questions I’ll be answering for the latter award!
- Why did you start to blog in the first place?Well, I happen to have very poor memory. After some thought, I decided to try blogging as a creative outlet that conveniently provides me vibrant stills of the best experiences I’ve had that could be captured on camera. At the same time, I hope to inspire other people to see the places I’ve seen that I think are worth a spot on people’s bucket lists.
- What is your favorite book?I don’t have a favorite book in particular. I will say that Arthurian legends, medieval romances, and just about any story with dragons have a special place in my heart. (And that Eragon is a fantastic book with a terrible movie adaptation.) At present, I’ve started to get into Lang Leav. (Though I’m normally not one for poetry.)
- What do you hate the most?I wouldn’t say ‘hate’. But inconsiderate people are a particular pet peeve of mine.
- What is your favorite food item from the mall?A good Krispy Kreme donut is always a welcome addition to my stomach. Green smoothies will also often show up in my hands. Err, Korean bingsu, anything matcha, macarons, Mascarpone ice cream, milk tea (despite my lactose intolerance), lemon juice- Wait, CITRUS ANYTHING!
Yeah I’m sorry I can’t do this question.
- What is your favorite past time activity?I like to overthink. And sleep. Usually in that order. Sometimes I sing Disney or Broadway songs in the shower (apologies to my ever-patient roommate). On rare occasions I paint.